Added a few bits of wool roving under the tulle then machine embroidered. Not sure whether I will frame it or put a binding on and make a wall hanging.
Finished free-machine embroidery
This last addition came from out of the blue! (excuse the pun). I didn’t like the net dulling over the colours so I burnt it off with a heat gun. this didn’t damage the underneath part because the net is nylon and the rest is cotton. However, the burn off looked messy so I found some orange nylon organza and stitched over that onto my picture. Then I burnt this as well.
The result – it’s stuffed!! Who wants to look at a picture of foul sea water obscuring the scene?
Maybe I’ll start drawing again.
BTW, I accidently hit the like button – I’m not really that vain.
Our decaying system
Thought I would get a jump on making a few Christmas presents this year, but the time is approaching fast and I have only made three items. This one is about A4 size and will be titled, Obstacle Course For Fish. Not very inspiring, I know, but only had 30 secs to think of it.
I used fusible web to attach the pieces – no overlapping required, hence no turned under seams – then put fine white tulle over the top and now I will jazz it up with free-machine embroidery. Here’s hoping I don’t overdo it (my usual style).
Stay tuned for the next stage.
Finished fusing fabric to background
Fine tulle over top
Close-up image of tulle over fabric - it dulls the colours a little but not too much